Hi.

Bart Oldeman wrote:
>> Doing the reset call from within DOS brings
>> everything back in a sane state.
>> Just wondering, why this reset is needed so badly?
>  Just a very rough guess: proper initialization of certain BIOS
>  variables in the range 0x400-0x4ff (0040:0000-0040:00ff) ?
Exactly! Plus some int vectors, which I can
easily identify as they are pointing to a
vbios seg.
Now I am getting that vectors together with
0x40:00-ff from /dev/mem, skipping the INIT
and opening the high ports and... - I have a
full-screen VESA!
There are still some minor problems to resolve,
but I expect to get the new video startup code
within a few weeks, just let me play full-screen
GTA a little:)
Oh, and there is still one very bad thing, which
is that we can't open the high ports in a fast
mode (or can we?), so sometimes it works even
slower than xdos... why ioperm() doesn't allow