On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Daniel Greenberg wrote:

> It turns out the divide-by-zero problem isn't "really new," just new.
> That is, 1.1.4.15 has the problem, but 1.1.4.0 is fine.  I picked
> something in the middle - 1.1.4.8 - and found that it too had the "new"
> divide-by-zero errors.  A couple more downloads and compiles and I
> was able to isolate the introduction of the problem to 1.1.4.7.  That is,
> 1.1.4.6 runs without the "new" divide-by-zero errors, while
> 1.1.4.7 runs with the errors.  So apparently 1.1.4.7 was the first to
> introduce this problem.

Thanks, that narrows it down a bit. I suspect that the initialization
(which was shuffled around a little in 1.1.4.7) is the culprit, but I
fail to see where.

Can you make hexdumps of the area from 0:0 to 0:500 for both DOSEMU's
(using DEBUG in DOS or using dosdebug with the "d" command) and see if
there are any differences, beyond the timer (4 bytes at 0:46c) and the
keyboard buffer (0:41a- - 0:43d)?

Bart