On Sat, 14 Jun 2003, Jan Willem Stumpel wrote:

> problem 1:
> 1.1.5 produces sound from the sound card in 'jill' and 'carmen
> sandiego', but not in Wolf3d; Wolfd3 hangs. This is with the
> defaults in dosemu.conf unchanged apart from the boot disk location.

I haven't heard about any new problems with wolf3d yet, but i'll try to
reproduce it.

> problem 2:
> Unfortunately I don't have my old dosemu versions any more. So
> wanting to test a older version I downloaded 1.1.4 from
> ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/system/emulators/dosemu .
>
> Typed 'make' to compile it; but the compilation failed with

> Sorry, a.out system detected, but we do no longer support it
>
> But I don't have an a.out system; I have support for a.out
> disabled in the kernel.

this happens if you use gcc 3.3 or newer -- and it was fixed in dosemu
1.1.5.

for 1.1.4 a quick and dirty fix is to edit base-configure and replace
      echo
      echo "Sorry, a.out system detected, but we do no longer support
it"
      echo
      exit 1

by