On Sat, 28 Jun 2003, Ralph Alvy wrote:

> Justin Zygmont wrote:
> > if you cannot switch to a vitrual console, then testing this in X would be
> > easier to close the window when it hangs, other than that, i'm not sure.
>
> Oh, I can switch out of the console with the hung dos app, but I can't
> logout of that console and then start again. Or at least I don't know
> how to.

you'd have to switch to another vc, kill the dosemu from there and switch
back.

Or use
Ctrl-6 c Ctrl-6 a PgDn
(on a US keyboard) which simulates ctrl-alt-pgdn in terminal mode. Hit
Ctrl-6 h
for help.

Note that in 1.0.2.1 (as opposed to 1.1.5) $_rawkeyboard does not work
unless you are root or make dosemu.bin suid-root. In general at this stage
it would be worth trying dosemu 1.1.5 if you encounter problems with
1.0.2.1.

The shift-alt-f4 trick has nothing to do with the console, that's just for
X.

Bart