Hi all, Hi Claudia,

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Claudia Neumann wrote:

> > doesn't really matter -- but please try to replace your kernel.sys with
> > the newest version (2031, fat32 or fat16 doesn't matter) and see if that
> > helps. See http://freedos.sourceforge.net.
>
> It's the same with the new kernel ke2031_32.zip. I played a bit with the
> program. I found:
>
> in the program you have to define the directory for the programm infdbf.exe.
>
> As default it says: c:\info\
>
> with MS-DOS 7.1 the program finds the infdbf.exe, in FreeDOS it only finds the
> infdbf.exe, if I define the directory as: c:\info (without Backslash).
>
> Okay, you could say define it as c:\info, but if I define it at
> program-startup as c:\info the program doesn't find it eiter. May be it is a
> MS-DOS 7.1-bug?

possibly, but it might also be a bug in the MFS (Mach File System, aka
"what lredir gives you") in DOSEMU.

If you have any problems on the command prompt with FreeDOS then first try
to use FreeCOM (the command.com that is also in the above mentioned
.zip) instead of the default comcom. The plan is to deprecate comcom
anyway.

If there are still problems then, well you have 4 combinations:
c:\info + MSDOS
c:\info\ + MSDOS
c:\info + FreeDOS
c:\info\ + MSDOS

It's probably possible to solve the bug if you mail me (not the list) some
debug output, i.e. the file "log" from
[x]dosemu -D+dD -o log
compressed with bzip2 for all the 4 combinations.

Bart