On 8 Dec 2003, Guillermo Gomez wrote:

> Well i found the problem is that the global.conf is "builtin" is taken
> precdence and my modified global.conf is not doing anything.
>
> I'm trying to use the -F option with no luck..How can i dump the
> "built-in" global.conf to tweak it using option -F.

Presently only by editing etc/global.conf in the source code and
recompiling. dosemu.bin in the bindist can be replaced by the one you
obtain that way.

> My installation is working ok without the -F option.

it's on my list to fix for 1.2.0. -F should work. The problem is here:

In file included from
dosemu/dosemu-cvs/dosemu-1.1.99.1/etc/global.conf:212
Error in : (line 212) parse error
Error in : (line 556) parse error
Error in : (line 556) expected 'emulated' or 'native'
3 error(s) detected while parsing the configuration-file

by the way, because your problem came up in different variations before
the CVS version (and 1.2.0-final when released) allow you to do what you
want in dosemu.conf or ~/.dosemurc:

# list of (/etc/printcap) printer names to appear as LPT1, LPT2, LPT3
# (not all are needed, empty for none). Default: "lp"

# $_printer = "lp"

# Print command to use. Default: "lpr", for "lpr -P printername".
# Sometimes (with CUPS) "lpr -l" is necessary.

# $_printer_command = "lpr"

Bart

[snip]