On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Stas Sergeev wrote:

> Updegrove, Timothy (Tim) wrote:
> > to the DMA hardware, map a physical address to a
> > linear address, etc will work as is under Linux or
> > are modifications required?
> This functionality is not implemented in dosemu.
> The relevant API is missing in a DPMI server, the
> $_hardware_ram option doesn't work

the hardware_ram option works but is really limited,
as it only works for addresses between 0xc8000 and 0xf0000.

the example hardware_ram in dosemu.conf gives you the following mapping:
000c8000-000c9000 rw-s 000c8000 03:06 273019     /dev/mem
000c9000-000cc000 rwxp 000c9000 00:00 0
000cc000-000d0000 rw-s 000cc000 03:06 273019     /dev/mem

> > Where can I found documentation about
> > the DOSEMU DPMI API for memory allocation, physical
> > address mapping, etc?
> Nowhere. Nobody is working on that.
> So unless someone needs this badly enough to start
> coding it up, it will not be implemented. I don't
> even remember if someone ever asked about this here
> during the last 4 years.
> In general this is needed if your hardware is not
> supported natively under Linux, so it is not a common
> thing.

True. And in Tim's case it would just be a layer so he can avoid porting.

Bart