I have a demo of Alone In The Dark (classic game that started the Point
and Click Horror Adventure genre) that seems to kill dosemu.  Running
dosemu with "xdosemu -D9S -o logfile", the relevent lines seem to be:

   SIGILL while in vm86()
   OUCH! attempt to execute interrupt table - quickly dying
   leavedos(57|0x39) called - shutting down
   leavedos() called from within a signal context!

This is the first time I've ever seen a SIGILL.  Didn't even know what
it was when I first saw it.

This is a demo that's played by many other people (who prolly aren't
using dosemu).  It shouldn't be doing this.

Is there anything further I can do to figure out what's going on?  The
demo is only 700kb; I can upload it somewhere...

Thanks,
Pete

--
In theory, theory and practise are the same.  In practise, they aren't.