Hello,

On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 10:12:04PM -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Ryan Underwood wrote:
> > /etc/dosemu/dosemu.conf
> >
> > If you want to disable the printer driver completely, here's what is in
> > my modules.conf, but on your system it might differ:
> >
> I don't "want" to do anything other than use the parport to drive
> the device as it would under DOS.

fine (?)

> Especially I don't want to get married to DOSEMU.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.  You will need to be familiar with
DOSEMU in order to make use of it.

> Apparently OP wrote that one needs to "disable the printer driver" ?

The printer driver and DOSEMU's port passing cannot share the physical
printer port.  Therefore you need to disable the printer driver if you
want to use DOSEMU's port passing, either temporarily or permanently.

> > # Don't load lp driver.
> >
> > alias char-major-6 off
> > alias /dev/printers* off
> > alias /dev/lp* off
>
> Thanks, apparently that would acheive 1 of the 3 requirements
> which OP listed ?
>
> I've seen info. about:
> $_ports = "0x378 0x379 0x37a"

Yes, and remember to use 'fast' unless you want to do debugging/tracing:
$_ports = "fast range 0x378 0x37a"

means pass through 0x378-0x37a in fast mode.

> So now I need to investigate: "2. pass the IRQ to DOSEMU,"

It's directly underneath $_ports in the config file ($_irqpassing).

You have to start DOSEMU as root or use sudo in order for port/irq
passing to work.

--
Ryan Underwood, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>