On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Hufnus wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:07:21 -0800
> Hufnus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Anybody runing 1.3.2 or trying with Linux 2.6 ????
> >
> > So I tried to compile with Linux 2.6.7 headers, but the make
> > gets some obsolete warnings and then fails with many parse errors
> > in /usr/include/linux/mod_devicetable.h related to symbols like
> > __u32 etc....
> >
> > Now, if I relink 'ln -sf linux-2.4.31 linux' it still complains
> > about using -malign-????? is obsolete to use -falign-????? but
> > it builds fine.
>
> I know I am using Skackware's default symbolic link
> /usr/include/linux -> /usr/src/linux-2.6.7/include/linux !!!

This is not its default symbolic link. You must have created it yourself,
manually.

> My question is what should I do ....
>
> Delete the link?

yes!

> Copy that directory over to /usr/include/linux?

no!

> or what???

I've go a deja vu feeling here, this has been discussed before.
You need to install Slackware's kernel-headers package (it's in the d
series, over here for instance:
ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware-current/slackware/d/kernel-headers-2.4.31-i386-1.tgz
They contain sanitized 2.4.31 headers that were used to compile
glibc, and that is what user space (incl dosemu) sometimes sees
indirectly.

Just don't mess with /usr/include/linux, unless you really know what you
are doing and are willing to recompile glibc.

Bart