Stas Sergeev wrote:
The kernel header package that originally came with the version of Slackware I was using would always solve the problems for me.

That's true and that's the 2.4 headers,
but can you comment on this wrt compiling
dosemu:
ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware-current/testing/packages/linux-2.6.11.11/kernel-headers-2.6.11.11-i386-1.tgz

I haven't tried it with this exact version, but I have used other 2.6 versions from the testing directory of slackware-current. These headers probably will give problems and that is the single package that should not be installed when updating to a new kernel. Just ignoring that package and installing the rest, should allow everything to work without problems. If you do install that package, it probably won't be possible to compile Dosemu correctly.

Julius