John Coppens wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 14:12:25 +0000
Anthony Johns <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

My O/s is ubuntu 6.06 dosemu will not open, I deleted dosemu by the add
remove programs facility, and then down loaded a presumably the latest
version, this will still not open. A program is present in
applications/other and is listed as DOS emulator, is this the dosemu
program? This will not open.  Thanks Tony Johns

'Will not run' is the typical message that will do nothing to get you
help, Tony. Try to be a little more explicit. Did you check the logs?
Did you try to open a terminal window, and type 'dosemu', or 'xdosemu'?
If so, which messages  appear on the screen? Did you edit
the /etc/dosemu/dosemu.conf file for your needs? Did you install the
freedos package too (else you will have nothing to run in your dos
session).
John
This raises a point that why does one always have to open are terminal windows to diagnose problems?
I think that would be the next big improvement to Linux desktop usability.

James