On Tue, Jan 04, 2000 at 09:59:23PM -0500, Hugh Lawson wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Jan 2000, Jesper Anderson wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to run the outliner MaxThink under DOSemu. On the latest
> > 0.98 build it simply freezes, on 0.99.13 it crashes.
> >

> Here is some text from  EMUfailure.txt  that might help.
>
> Check with "strings <program.exe> | less" if the programm contains
> some of these keywords  vcpi, pharlap and win32s. . . [they prob. won't
> work under dosemu]

Thanks for your reply.

It seems MaxThink searches for a VCPI host and uses one of found. Can
this be the culprit, and if so, is there any way around it?

I also found this string:
Blinker 3.20 DOS Extender
Copyright (c) Assembler Software Manufacturers Inc, 1992-95.

It's not a Windows program; it runs on my DOS 5 machine. I tried
disabling and enabling all types of memory in DOSemu, but to no avail.

Jesper

--
Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made
of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts