Hi all,
        I trying to get fbcon setup as my video card (s3 trio3d) is not
yet supported by xfree86. I compiled the source code for 2.2.9 that came
with Linux-Mandrake 6.0. In kernel configure I enabled prompting
development drivers, and under console drivers i enabled the options for
the vesa framebuffer. But then when I try to run lilo by adding "vga=ask"
in the lilo.conf file for the new kernel, it prints a message that reads
"vga mode presetting not supported by your kernel."
        Please let me know if I'm missing any step here. I have earlier
did the same thing in a redhat 5.2 with 2.2.3 kernel and it worked fine
(in the same machine). Any help is greatly appreciated.

For your reference, the options I enabled under kernel configuration were:
* Under the Code Maturity Level menu, the prompt for development and/or
incomplete drivers.
* Under the Console Drivers menu
               VGA Text Console
               Video Selection Support
               Support for frame buffer devices
               VESA VGA Graphic console
               Advanced Low Level Drivers
               Mono, 2bpp, 4bpp, 8bpp, 16bpp, 24bpp, and 32bpp packed
pixel drivers
               VGA character/attributes support

Thanks!
-Arun.