Maybe there's an XFree86 guru out there who can help me out with this.

I'm running Red Hat 6.2 on my Fujitsu Lifebook C-4235.  It took some
tweaking to get XFree86 configured on it -- the configuration made by
xf86config just gave me vertical colored lines -- but ultimately I got it
working OK.

I recently downloaded XFree86 4.0 because I heard it had better support for
graphics acceleration on the Trident Cyber 9525DVD chipset.  But 4.0 cannot
just use the configuration file from 3.3.6, and the formats are a little
different.  Whether I use xf86config or the new XFree86 -config options, I
get a blank screen and the machine hangs.  Ctrl-Alt-Bksp has no
effect.  I've played with the configuration file a bit, but to no avail.

Oddly, though the documentation states that Trident Cyber 9525DVD is
supported, the chipset is not in the database.  Could this be related to my
problem?

Would appreciate any help with this.  Would also like to hear from anyone
else running Linux on one of these machines.

- Rob