I have a problem, maybe someone can help.

I need to get my father up on the Internet.  He needs web browsing, I am
hoping to get him up on one of the free services - I live in Enumclaw,
WA - east of Auburn; Auburn #s are local to here.  He doesn't know Win95
well at all - He can learn using Linux as easily under KDE as he can
learn Win95.  I'd rather get him up on Linux if I can.

If I don't get him up on Linux, I'll have to get him set up with the
(current) Win95 on his old Packard Bell 486DX2/66 machine, 20Mb RAM, 4x
or better CD-Rom (Replacing the current 2x, unsure if the 24x I bought
will work until I test it!), 420Mb IDE HDD and a SCM SwapBox PCMCIA
dock, currently - if I can avoid wrestling with Win95 on that machine
ANY danged more, I'll do so gladly.

I'm still learning the Linux admin stuff;  I can install Linux on the
machine - it's the getting it the rest of the way (the Admin stuff!)
that has me flustrated.  If a better machine'd be better for him for
Linux, fine - I have a few that're idle (and aren't ickly PBell's.  AT
cases, mostly minitowers.)  I've used Unix in the past, just not been a
*nix Admin and he needs to get DONE, so need his over with.  (I'll get
to my machines later.  Have to keep getting stuff here DONE, need to get
there from here.)

Will be on vacation from midnight 'till Monday early;  if I have to pay
someone to just get him online, it'd be far less unpleasant than beating
my head against that OS, ANY more.  (WFW 3.11, I know well - Win95, I
avoid;  Some day hoping I know Linux as well as WFW 3.11!)

Anyone in the Black Diamond/Enumclaw/Buckley area (I live in Enumclaw)
to the Seattle-Tacoma area who's interested, please drop me an e-mail
off-list.  I'll drive to you, if needed - would like to get him working
on Monday or Tuesday if possible.  Could perhaps trade other hardware or
??? alternately.

  Mark