Hi,
On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 18:09:38 +0100, David Arendt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In fact by segment check interval I mean the time to sleep before
> checking again for free space. I used 3600 in the example as this is
> would be suitable for my workload, but 60 might be a safer default value.
>
> Specifying a percentage would also be an idea. I thought about segments
> as nsegments_per_clean is also referring to segments. I think I will
> start implementing this now using segments, as changing it to percent
> wouldn't be big changes. Another idea that comes me to mind would be
> that specifying for example 10 in any configfile option accepting
> segments would be 10 segments and 10% ten percent of total segments.

Sounds nice.

As for nsegments_per_clean, seems like the percentage notation should
not be applied because it has a bad effect on memory usage of the
nilfs GC cache in kernel. (So, the parameter is limited by a ceiling.)

But, I agree that the notation is suited for such threshold
parameters.

Regards,
Ryusuke Konishi