On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 3:57 AM, Christoph Hellwig <h...@infradead.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 07, 2017 at 09:39:53AM -0700, Dave Jiang wrote:
>> Adding blk-mq support to the pmem driver in addition to the direct bio
>> support.
>
> Can you explain why this is only done for pmem and not btt and nd_blk?

I'm skeptical that we can get a dma offload benefit for those drivers
since we need to metadata updates and block-window management after
each I/O. Whether those drivers would benefit from an mq conversion is
a separate question, but the driving motivation for the conversion has
been that it's easier to send a 'struct request' to a dma engine than
a bio.