[ adding Song ]

Song, I'm adding you to this thread for an opinion on what makes hardware
monitoring tooling easier to consume in a production environment. QI is
writing a daemon to catch alarms and notifications from the kernel's nvdimm
sub-system.

QI, Song presented on extending SCSI uevents for storage device event
logging at the last Linux Storage Summit.