Andrew,

Here is a new version to the pud_write() fix [1], and some follow-on
patches to use the '_access_permitted' helpers in fault and
get_user_pages() paths where we are checking if the thread has access to
write. I explicitly omit conversions for places where the kernel is
checking the _PAGE_RW flag for kernel purposes, not for userspace
access.

Beyond fixing the crash, this series also fixes get_user_pages() and
fault paths to honor protection keys in the same manner as
get_user_pages_fast(). Only the crash fix is tagged for -stable as the
protection key check is done just for consistency reasons since
userspace can change protection keys at will.

[1]: https://lists.01.org/pipermail/linux-nvdimm/2017-November/013237.html

---

Dan Williams (4):
      mm: fix device-dax pud write-faults triggered by get_user_pages()
      mm: replace pud_write with pud_access_permitted in fault + gup paths
      mm: replace pmd_write with pmd_access_permitted in fault + gup paths
      mm: replace pte_write with pte_access_permitted in fault + gup paths

 arch/sparc/mm/gup.c            |    4 ++--
 arch/x86/include/asm/pgtable.h |    6 ++++++
 fs/dax.c                       |    3 ++-
 include/asm-generic/pgtable.h  |    9 +++++++++
 include/linux/hugetlb.h        |    8 --------
 mm/gup.c                       |    2 +-
 mm/hmm.c                       |    8 ++++----
 mm/huge_memory.c               |    6 +++---
 mm/memory.c                    |    8 ++++----