On Fri, Mar 02, 2018 at 02:21:40PM -0800, Dan Williams wrote:
> They are indeed a hodge-podge. The problem is that the current
> IS_DAX() is broken. So I'd like to propose fixing IS_DAX() with
> IS_FSDAX() + IS_DEVDAX() for 4.16-rc4 and queue up these wider reworks
> you propose for the next merge window.

The only thing broken about IS_DAX are the code elimination games
based on the CONFIG_* flags.  Remove those and just add proper stubs
for the dax routines and everything will be fine for now until we can
kill that inode flag.

IS_FSDAX and IS_DEVDAX on the other hand are a giant mess that isn't
helping anyone.