On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 11:30:38AM -0600, Logan Gunthorpe wrote:

> On 26/03/18 10:41 AM, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 12:11:38PM +0100, Jonathan Cameron wrote:

> >> This came as a bit of a surprise to our PCIe architect.
> >
> > I don't think it is a hardware problem.
>
> The latest and greatest Power9 CPUs still explicitly do not support
> this.

I think this is another case of the HW can do it but the SW support is
missing. IOMMU configuration and maybe firmware too, for instance.

If I recall I saw a presentation that Coral was expected to use P2P
between the network and GPU.

> And, if I recall correctly, the ARM64 device we played with did
> not either -- but I suspect that will differ depending on vendor.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see broken implementations in
ARM64.. But even there it needs IOMMU enablement to work at all if I
recall.

Bascially, this is probably not a HW problem that needs a HW bit, but
a OS/firmware problem to do all the enablement..

Jason