[ trimming ]
> >> Rafael, we may want to hold back on the module-level code changes
> >> (the patches below) for rc1. Between this and the strange _TSS issue,
> >> it seems like there are a few more things to resolve before this is
> >> ready for kernel upstream.

Hi Rafael,

> > It looks like you are asking me to queue up reverts as per the Dan's
> > report, is that correct?

This is indeed what I meant last week. However, I've looked into the issue and
Dan's qemu
instance had AML that we no longer support. This is because the ACPICA commit
makes changes to the execution of AML
during table load to match windows AML interpreter behavior so this commit also
got rid of support for executing code
containing forward references (except for package elements).

I've suggested a fix for the firmware in a separate email. So I would say that
this issue is resolved after if Dan can run
his test successfully with the adjusted firmware.

If Dan's test is successful, we don’t need to revert these changes

Erik