Woodruff, Richard wrote:
Enabling L2 cache was removed from proc-v7.S since was cortex specific
instead of armv7 specific and u-boot explicitly turns of L2 before
booting into linux. I made a reverse patch, but my omap3 board doesn't
boot if I use it:

Our 2.6.24 kernel does something close and boots fine on OMAP3-SDP and Labrador
boards.  Which platform did you try on?

I think we are talking about BeagleBoard here.

Dirk

I'll try the latest from here on SDP with this and see if it works.  There is
also a difference in CR handling.  I had submitted long back a fix to Russell
but let it get by me as I didn't have the time to fix per his comments.  I
think our version was more correct then the one in place but was still lacking
a bit.

[*] It seems possible you could have an issue depending on what your boot
loader is or isn't doing for you.

Regards,
Richard W.