Hi Trilok,
          Thanks for your comments. Please see my following comments.

> > -- We call dma_alloc_coherent API to guarantee the contiguous and
> > uncached memory region allocation for the shared memory region
between
> > MPU and DSP.
>
> Yes, I do understand this, but I was more inclined towards getting the
> big chunk of this memory at boottime, and managing them through
> mempool APIs. Mempool APIs provides the callback for reserve and
> unreserve. Please check Nokia dspgateway or better
> arch/arm/plat-omap/mmu.c {kmem_reserve/unreserve}.

------ dma_alloc_coherent API is called only once in Bridge during
initialization to allocate memory for IPC purpose, and there are no
dynamic allocations there after from this allocated memory pool. I think
as there is no memory management within this memory pool, I don't see a
reason to move to new API.

> Meanwhile I hope TI
> provides the GIT tree setup for this dspbridge driver, so that TI
> doesn't have to release their changes in tarball fashion, and other
> open-source developers can also look into the changes which TI is
> doing easily and contribute.

------ We are currently working on the GIT tree and should be available
in the coming months.

Thank you,