Op 5 aug 2008, om 11:50 heeft Igor Stoppa het volgende geschreven:

On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 15:09 +0530, ext Premi, Sanjeev wrote:
This patch is needed to ensure that we can make decisions based on the processor capabilities. E.g. OMAP3503 does not contain a DSP. We shouldn't be trying to disable/ manage the clocks for
DSP on this processor. Same for SGX.

Why can't the detection happen at runtime?

AIUI the ID bits are the same (linux misdetect the 3530 on my beagle for a 3430). I heard that the only definitive way to do it at runtime is to CRC check the ROM code.

Jason, is that correct?

regards,

Koen

Enabling NEON is support iby default is just based on the number of requests I have been getting
from various users.

Huh?

--

Cheers, Igor

---

Igor Stoppa
Maemo Software - Nokia Devices R&D - Helsinki