I think you are definitely "NOT" referring to Secondary LCD.

> i am writing it in the memory locations but im not getting any output.
> do we have to do any initializations to run this code on the board ?
> like mux config ? im creating a bin image and trying to run it in the
> ram directly. do i have to initialisze the pad ? i dono much, im a
> newbie to omaps

For Character LCD, I think you can refer to the code snippet in u-boot that
displays the boot mode NAND/NOR etc on character LCD. Following the exact code
base should help you in getting characters displayed on the LCD.

Download u-boot for 2430 SDP from here

In file u-boot/board/omap2430sdp/sys_info.c

Refer to function:  display_board_info(u32 btype)

Regards,
Khasim
http://khasim.blogspot.com