"ext David Brownell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Friday 14 November 2008, Timo-Pekka Launonen wrote:
>> If a non-zero value is written to /sys/power/wakeup_timer_seconds,
>> A timer wakeup event will wake the system and resume after the
>> configured number of seconds.
>
> /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm should do the same thing,
> except that it takes an absolute time not a relative one.

This needs an rtc to work. This far we haven't had working
implementation for SDP.

> Do we really need this wakeup_timer interface?

We are using this wakeup_timer in our omap3 PM testing (See "Power
management tester" mail by Timo-Pekka Launonen in l-o list) and there
the basic idea is to start with minimalistic kernel. Test drivers
module by module (also rtc) and see how they affect the system
(e.g. OMAP3 current consumption).

> --

Jouni Högander