> > Just a thought, do you still see these problems when using the CPUfreq
> > performance governor instead of the ondemand governor?
> >
> > It could be pointing to some bugs in the switching of operating
> > points.
>
> Speaking of operating points, is there a reason why cpufreq only goes
> to 550MHz? It's disappointing that omap3 gets marketed with "600MHz",
> but that TI won't let it run at that speed with their cpufreq drivers.

Run at that speed on your board if you like.  You can run even faster if you
like but at some point you will start to have odd failures.

The 600MHz overdrive operating point is such that if you use it all the time
your part life may be reduced.  If you use the stock ondemand governor with no
kind of policy teak you'll be at that OPP a lot.

Percentage operation in overdrive figures into expected life of a given part.
For reference code we just make the needed use cases explicitly ask for
overdrive.  This way usage is predictable in well defined mobile product.

Depending on the chip you buy things are rated differently.  This rating
requires part sorting which typically pushes the price up some.  Any step you
add into fabrication of high volumes increases cost.

Regards,
Richard W.