>From: Tony Lindgren [mailto:t...@atomide.com]
>>* Pekon Gupta <pe...@ti.com> [140422 00:34]:
>> +&gpmc {
>> +    status = "okay";
>> +    pinctrl-names = "default";
>> +    pinctrl-0 = <&nand_flash_x8>;
>> +    ranges = <0 0 0x08000000 0x10000000>;   /* CS0: NAND */
>
>Please use the minimum size 16MB GPMC range here, NAND only
>has few registers addressable unlike NOR that actually uses the
>whole range.
>
>> +    nand@0,0 {
>> +            reg = <0 0 0>; /* CS0, offset 0 */
>
>Then here map the true size of the NAND device IO register area.
>
>BTW, we should do the similar changes to other files so we can
>unify the GPMC partitioning a bit. But that's unsafe to do until
>we have fixed the issue of mapping GPMC devices to a different
>location from the bootloader location.

I have found the fix of this issue in gpmc_cs_remap() just testing it
using beaglebone NOR cape. I'll post that separately, once I'm confident.

But for now, I'll re-send just these patches for NAND DT node with
your feedbacks incorporated, so that NAND is stable on these
platforms / boards from 3.16 onwards.

with regards, pekon