On  2.06.2014 18:42, Nishanth Menon wrote:
On 06/01/2014 09:28 AM, Ivaylo Dimitrov wrote:
Hi,

patch https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/10/16/744 fixes DT i2c bus ids in case
of deferred probe and assigns id 0,1 and 2 for i2c buses 1,2 and 3.
Unfortunately, this breaks Maemo userspace on N900, where board code (in
case of legacy boot) assigns ids 1, 2 and 3, but with DT boot ids are

ughh.. missed that :(

0,1 and 2. I've already send a patch https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/6/1/49
that will allow me to fix that from board .dts, but I was wondering if
it is the correct way, or ids should be changed in omap3.dtsi for all
omap devices.

Should'nt we retain 0,1,2 as indexing to make this consistent for all
SoCs?

I think this is the most sane thing, esp if the "alias replace" patch gets accepted(thus allowing us to workaround the problems on N900 and N9/50), however I wanted to hear from you on the matter. Esp that indexing is different with legacy boot compared to DT boot.