On 10/17/2014 03:48 PM, Enric Balletbo Serra wrote:
On 10/17/2014 02:55 PM, Enric Balletbo Serra wrote:

On 10/16/2014 05:21 PM, Enric Balletbo Serra wrote:

Hi,

Hi,

Seems like MPU DVFS does not scale the voltages currently with DT boot,
due to missing mapping between regulator -> VCVP. Fixed this by adding
support for platform data in the TWL regulator DT case + adding
platform
data quirk for the same. This same already works in the legacy boot,
the
platform data is passed fine.

Tested on omap3-beagle by measuring the MPU voltage rail.

OMAP4+ platforms do not currently register DVFS regulator, so this set
by
itself does not fix OMAP4 (needs the TPS MPU regulator added to DT etc.
for OMAP4460.)

-Tero

in

Tony proposed in the IRC apply this patch series in order to solve the
following error messages with kernel 3.17

[    2.522949] omap2_set_init_voltage: unable to find boot up OPP for
vdd_mpu_iva
[    2.533721] omap2_set_init_voltage: unable to set vdd_mpu_iva
[    2.541564] omap2_set_init_voltage: unable to find boot up OPP for
vdd_core
[    2.551208] omap2_set_init_voltage: unable to set vdd_core

I'm using omap3-igep0020, I didn't mesure the MPU voltage rail but
should these patches solve these errors ? Did you resolve these errors
on your Beagleboard ?

These prints are caused by something else: namely the fact that
beagleboard
rev C4+ boots up at 720MHz. This OPP is not supported by the kernel and
quelches out the warning prints.

This should be fixed by modifying the OPP tables under the dtsi files,
however the nasty thing is not all beagleboards support 720MHz OPP. You
either need to specify a dts file for beagle-revC4 or do some kernel
magic
to manually disable the 720MHz OPP on non-supported boards.

Adding and modifying some printk looks the problem is because it can't
find the device opp.

[    2.532836] cpu cpu0: dev_pm_opp_find_freq_ceil: can't find device opp
[    2.542755] omap2_set_init_voltage: unable to find boot up OPP for
vdd_mpu_iva (clk = dpll1_ck - freq = 600000000)
[    2.554931] omap2_set_init_voltage: unable to set vdd_mpu_iva

[    2.562957] platform 68000000.ocp: dev_pm_opp_find_freq_ceil: can't
find device opp
[    2.573333] omap2_set_init_voltage: unable to find boot up OPP for
vdd_core (clk = l3_ick - freq = 200000000)
[    2.584442] omap2_set_init_voltage: unable to set vdd_core

The of_init_opp_table who reads the 'operating-points" from dtb is
called after. Should be called before?

[    2.592834] cpu cpu0: of_init_opp_table: init_opp_table

What is the board revision you got? Looks like it boots up at 600/200MHz.

Well, about board revision I'm using IGEPv2 not Beagleboard. And my
board should be able to run up to 1GHz. Is 1GHz supported ?

Oh I see. Kernel doesn't support anything above 600MHz yet for OMAP3, as none of the OPPs have kernel data.

You can also try tweaking around the tables under opp3xxx_data.c, not sure
if these are initialized in the correct order either. However, the lack of
these tables and the warnings mentioned do not prevent cpufreq from working,
cpufreq is dependant on the DT tables. That being said, I am not sure if the
legacy OPP tables are even needed anymore on DT boot...

Right, I've checked and cpufreq seems to work. Does this means that
following call is not needed anymore ?

arch/arm/mach-omap2/opp3xxx_data.c:171:omap_device_initcall(omap3_opp_init);

That is still needed, as some boards do not have DT data for them. That initializes the legacy OPPs in that case.

-Tero