Hi,
I have a few questions regarding using the TI OMAP GPMC and SDMA together with an external device.

Question 01: How can I set up the multiplexing modes for the TI OMAP 3503 GPMC and SDMA controller ? The GPMC has 4 multiplexing options/ modes and the SDMA has 8 modes of operation. Which of these modes will enable me to use them together?

If you look at the TI document SPRS505C OMAP3515/03 Applications Processor (Rev C), page 70, it shows that there are 8 modes available for multiplexing.

I'm trying to interface the TI OMAP3503 to an external device. I want to use the GPMC and SDMA to interface with the external device.

The SDMA will interface with the external device using the sys_ndmareq[3:0] signals. See TI document SPRUF98B OMAP35x Technical Reference Manual (Rev. B), page 1076 for a diagram.

Now the GPMC itself has 4 multiplexing options. See TI document SPRUF98B OMAP35x Technical Reference Manual (Rev. B), page 1182 which shows the table.

Question 02: Which mode should I use to get the GPMC and the SDMA to work together to interface with the external device (FPGA)?

Question 03: Is it possible to use all GPMC to get 26-bits for the address and 16-bits of data in address/data multiplexed mode, and use the SDMA connected at the same time to the external device?

Best regards,

Elvis