On 03/20/2015 11:53 PM, Petr Kulhavy wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> yes, that is one of the differences to the EVM that the SD card is on MMCSD1.
> This is due to the pin multiplexer and other peripherals we're using.
>
> Your patch is correct, however the edma_callback()  is using the channel
> number parameter for debug messages only. For the actual work echan->ch_num is
> used. BTW is that correct? Could there be a mismatch between the echan->ch_num
> and the ch_num parameter?
>
> Something else seems to be odd in edma_alloc_chan_resources():
>
> /* Alloc channel resources */
> static int edma_alloc_chan_resources(struct dma_chan *chan)
> {
>         struct edma_chan *echan = to_edma_chan(chan);
>         struct device *dev = chan->device->dev;
>         int ret;
>         int a_ch_num;
>         LIST_HEAD(descs);
>
>         a_ch_num = edma_alloc_channel(echan->ch_num, edma_callback,
>                                         chan, EVENTQ_DEFAULT);

Hah, yes this is wrong but worked so far fine because:
struct edma_chan {
        struct virt_dma_chan            vchan;
};

struct virt_dma_chan {
        struct dma_chan chan;
};

so &edma_chan == &edma_chan.vchan.chan;

But this is not why you see the leak.

What I did on my board is that I have swapped in SW the cc0 and cc1, now mmc0
is on cc1 from the sw point of view, but still can not reproduce the issue.

> The third parameter to edma_alloc_channel() should be echan, not chan, since
> the edma_callback() interprets the callback data parameter as struct
> edma_chan *.
>
> Let me know if you find something or if you have an advice for more debug.

>From the log I would go and see what happens in the
vchan_get_all_descriptors() and vchan_dma_desc_free_list(), is it so that at
terminate_all time the list we got is empty? But why it is?

It seams you got the terminate_all call before the transfer finished, this is
also interesting. I'll look at at this more deeply.
What I see is that at terminate_all we clear the echan->edesc and for some
reason the vchan code will not free the desc. Later the completion interrupt
comes, but since the echan->edesc is NULL we do nothing. This causes the leak.

The question to all of this why and how to reproduce it?

--
Péter