Hi,

We should first verify the same bug happens with armel also.
I just verified the CPU load in the background makes armhf
apps segfault without $subject workaround enabled.

If the segfaulting does not happen with armel, then chances
it's some kind of neon related issue and the fix can be more
targeted.

Regards,

Tony

I can assure you that at least SoC in N900 is affected by ARM errata 430973, no matter armel or armhf. Though the crash is usually with SIGILL(because of the wrong T bit in CPSR the code is executed with), I don't remember seeing SIGSEGV, but that could be my ageing memory. I am the maintainer of the so-called cssu-thumb Fremantle upgrade [1], which is armel, thumb2 compiled, so I have some experience with the matter :) . Without that errata workaround enabled in kernel, it is impossible to boot Fremantle with cssu-thumb on top. BTW it was the same back in the days when there was Ubuntu 12.04 for N900 - it was hardfp, thumb2 compiled. Again, without that errata workaround enabled, there was no way to boot it.

Regards,
Ivo

[1] http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84829