Hello Felipe,

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 09:44:48AM -0500, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 11:48:32AM +0200, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> > This way only a single allocation is needed (per device). Also this
> > stops making use of watchdog_{set,get}_drvdata.
>
> And this is better because ... ?
a single allocation is better because AFAIK it takes less memory to
allocate a + b bytes in a single piece than in two.

watchdog_{set,get}_drvdata seems ugly to me. Judging from the other
frameworks I know better than wdog I'd say there is no need for these
functions. I didn't know if I should be more explicit about my view in
the commitlog and if so how.

Also I didn't check other wdog drivers, but using this style of
embedding the "framework struct" into driver data is a common idiom for
uart and gpio drivers for example.

Best regards
Uwe