Hi,

Am 02.06.2015 um 22:11 schrieb Pavel Machek <pa...@ucw.cz>:

> On Tue 2015-06-02 16:06:47, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 02.06.2015 um 15:49 schrieb Kishon Vijay Abraham I <kis...@ti.com>:
>>
>>> Hi,

> Is it well defined enough that it will work on other chargers, too?

It reports the resistance of the charger’s ID pin. So that works for all
chargers connected
to a twl4030. As long as the ID pin goes to a 5 pin USB socket.

Other charger drivers do not need to expose a similar attribute since each
twl4030 has its
unique path within the /sys tree.

You are right: https://lwn.net/Articles/172986/

But I am as well with my doubts: https://lwn.net/Articles/173093/

>> User space developers are always reminded not to rely on /sys nodes.
>
> No.

Then please explain why I have the impression that it is quite unstable.

BR,
Nikolaus