Hi Graeme,

Am 22.07.2015 um 21:41 schrieb Graeme Gregory <g...@slimlogic.co.uk>:

> On Wed, 22 Jul 2015, at 08:33 PM, Graeme Gregory wrote:
>>

>> On Wed, 22 Jul 2015, at 08:28 PM, Belisko Marek wrote:
>>> Adding also twl6030-gpadc driver authors to loop

>> Phoenix is twl6030, twl6032
>>
>> Palmas is twl6035, twl6037 and maybe others.
>>
>> Phoenix and Palmas are two totally different chips but marketing gave
>> them numbers near each other for unknown reasons.
>>
> Also this might be useful.
>
> https://github.com/slimlogic/linux/commit/312a6a1c8013fd056431c31567b43d8eef40f333
>
> A pre IIO palmas ADC driver which I never got around to upstreaming
> because TIpocalypse left me with no access to a palmas chip.

We managed to integrate your code into our 4.1 kernel (needed minor fixes
mainly for
irq initialization) and it appears to work on the omap5432evm. Especially
channels
in6_channel and in7_channel in
/sys/bus/platform/drivers/palmas-gpadc/48070000.i2c:palmas@48:gpadc
show reasonable (and slightly fluctuating) volt values.

Now the question is how to proceed. We could either write some
drivers/iio/adc/palmas-gpadc.c
wrapper around your driver, or could try this one which appears to be a pure
iio implementation:

https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/tegra.git/+/28f245bb8f590f61bb244f1b4d03f4b4919d32ea/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/adc/palmas-gpadc.txt
https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/tegra/+/aaabb2e045f31e5a970109ffdaae900dd403d17e/drivers/staging/iio/adc/palmas_gpadc.c

Do you think the latter has a chance to be accepted upstream?

The reason we ask is that we neither want to write new code if something exists
nor base
our work on something that can not be upstreamed.

We have added the author(s) of this tegra/android driver so they can please
also comment
on their plans for submitting the driver upstream.

BR and thank you,
Nikolaus and Marek