The L2 cache is set and running.
I don't know - can it be configured or misconfigured somehow?

I just checked the output of 2.6.22 kernel and get these lines (which I don't
have in newer kernels):

CPU0: D VIPT write-through cache
CPU0: cache: 768 bytes, associativity 1, 8 byte lines, 64 sets
Built 1 zonelists.  Total pages: 32512

I am wondering what is this? First thought was L1 cache, but it's to small.

The benchmark is running on same hardware, same uboot, same rootfs, just the
kernel is different.

--
Neu: GMX DSL bis 50.000 kBit/s und 200,- Euro Startguthaben!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02