Amit Kucheria <amit.kuche...@verdurent.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am testing twl4030 script optimisations on the current PM branch. But I am
> seeing the board (RX51) freeze when CPU_IDLE is enabled in the config.
>
> Is it known to work on other boards?

Yes, and it works for me on RX51 as well, output of the maemo powertop
below.

For a known working defconfig, start from omap3_pm_defconfig and
change the low-level debug UART from UART1 to UART3.

There is a known UART bug in the current PM branch where if you don't
'echo 1 > /debug/pm_debug/sleep_while_idle', the UART eventually locks
up when the inactivity timer expires.  I'm still looking into this
one.

Kevin

/ # powertop
Powertop 1.13.1
status: Unable to send message: Connection refused
Mounting debugfs...Success
Sleeping for 11 seconds before sampling
Collecting data for 30 seconds
Sample interval was 00m 30s 20569us

C#      | Ratio  | Avg/dura | Frequency | Ratio
--------+--------+----------+-----------+--------------
     C0 |  83.4% |          |   600 MHz |   0.0%
     C1 |  16.6% |  832.4ms |   550 MHz |   0.0%
     C2 |   0.0% |          |   500 MHz | 100.0%
     C3 |   0.0% |          |   250 MHz |   0.0%
     C4 |   0.0% |          |   125 MHz |   0.0%

IRQ#    | Activity   | Type           | Name
--------+------------+----------------+---------------------------
     37 |         27 |           INTC | gp
     11 |         23 |           INTC | prcm
     12 |          4 |           INTC | DMA
    225 |          2 |           GPIO | omap2-onenand

PID#    | Activity   | Name           | Function Entry (Expire)
--------+------------+----------------+---------------------------
      0 |         16 |  <kernel core> | hrtimer_start (tick_sched_timer)
     93 |          5 |    bdi-default | bdi_forker_task (process_timeout)
    483 |          5 |flush-ubifs_0_0 | schedule_timeout_interruptible (process)
      0 |          4 |  <kernel core> | arm_supers_timer (sync_supers_timer_fn)
      5 |          3 |       events/0 | queue_delayed_work (delayed_work_timer_)
    483 |          1 |flush-ubifs_0_0 | hrtimer_start_range_ns (wbuf_timer_call)
    483 |          1 |flush-ubifs_0_0 | hrtimer_start_range_ns (wbuf_timer_call)
    484 |          1 |       powertop | hrtimer_start_range_ns (hrtimer_wakeup)

Power domain activity breakdown
Domain  | % of time spent in states
--------+---------+---------+---------+---------+----------
usbhost |OFF:   0%|RET: 100%|INA:   0%| ON:   0%| now:(RET)
    sgx |OFF: 100%|RET:   0%|INA:   0%| ON:   0%| now:(OFF)
    per |OFF:   0%|RET:  83%|INA:   0%| ON:  16%| now:(ON)
    dss |OFF:   0%|RET: 100%|INA:   0%| ON:   0%| now:(RET)
    cam |OFF:   0%|RET: 100%|INA:   0%| ON:   0%| now:(RET)
   core |OFF:   0%|RET:  83%|INA:   0%| ON:  16%| now:(ON)
   neon |OFF:   0%|RET:  83%|INA:   0%| ON:  16%| now:(ON)
    mpu |OFF:   0%|RET:  83%|INA:   0%| ON:  16%| now:(ON)
   iva2 |OFF:   0%|RET: 100%|INA:   0%| ON:   0%| now:(RET)

Clock activity breakdown at end of period
Domain  | Active clocks
--------+---------------+---------------+------------------
   core |          SDRC |      OMAPCTRL |         UART1
        |         UART2 |
  core3 |       USBTLL
   wkup |          GPT1 |       32KSYNC |         GPIO1

  ckgen |          CORE |          PERI |           96M
        |           48M |           12M |           54M
        |      EMU_CORE |
    per |         UART3 |         GPIO2 |         GPIO3
        |         GPIO4 |         GPIO5 |         GPIO6

Total wakeups    92,   3.1/s | IRQ   56,   1.9/s | Timers   36,   1.2/s
HW wakeups       23,   0.8/s |     Real gp_timers expired   27,   0.9/s
Dismounting debufs...Success
/ #