On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 02:00:52AM +0100, ext Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Grant Likely <grant.lik...@secretlab.ca> [091202 07:06]:
> > On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Tony Lindgren <t...@atomide.com> wrote:
> > > * Grant Likely <grant.lik...@secretlab.ca> [091130 09:01]:
>
> <snip>
>

> > > maybe you've already thought through all this.. But would it be
> > > possible to do lightweight device tree that we just use to populate
> > > the platform data?
> >
> > This is completely possible.  Just having the device tree available
> > doesn't force the kernel to use it for everything.  I've found it
> > useful to start small and add things as I need them.  Most important
> > thing to remember is to follow the documented & established device
> > tree conventions so that common code can understand it.
>
> OK, sounds good to me.

Hi,

This device tree stuff sounds like very cool way of doing things. Hope
it is ready soon :)

Meanwhile, would it be OK to implement something to get the serial driver
taking control of the all the UARTs? Any comments on adding new function
to mach-omap2/serial.c: omap_serial_init_port(int port) that could be
used from board files instead of omap_serial_init()?

Thanks,
MW