On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 6:21 PM, Mark Brown
<broo...@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 04:52:26PM +0200, Grazvydas Ignotas wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Mark Brown
>
> The bodge I'm thinking of would do something like log an error and
> substitute in a dummy regulator when regulator_get() would have failed
> so that the driver sees behaviour equivalent to the stubbed regulator
> API if the bodge is active.  A central thing seems much more sensible
> here - there's nothing specific to this driver going on here and having
> the API behave in a consistent manner seems good.

I agree that such approach have more sense than checking for -ENODEV
in each and every driver that uses the regulator framework. I just
wonder, if there should be some mechanism that  can switch the
substitution of the dummy regulators on and off. And if yes, how
should the platform code communicate with the regulator core the need
for such dummy regulators...

> --

        Sincerely Yours,
                Mike.