Hi!

> Are there any plans to merge the synaptics touchscreen driver
> (drivers/staging/dream/synaptics_i2c_rmi.c) to
> drivers/input/touchscreen. We are interested in the same
> since OMAP3 based Zoom boards use this touchscreen.

Plans are, but day job interferes with them.

> Pl add (if required) below tested by for the staging driver.

Its not as easy.

So...

1) are you able to use driver in staging?

at minimum, non-standard multitouch support needs to be removed before
merging to input. Do you have time to help?

Plus it would be good to investigate possibility of using threaded
interrupt support -- look through mail archives.
                                                                Pavel

(cesky, pictures)
http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html