Nishanth Menon wrote:
> Kevin Hilman had written, on 04/28/2010 12:59 PM, the following:
>> Omar Ramirez Luna <omar.rami...@ti.com> writes:

>>> yes, dsp side wants:
>>> bios --> GPT5 (only used during boot up -> baseimage load)
>>> load monitoring --> GPT 6 (used while the dsp is awake)
>>> AV Sync --> GPT 8 (based on use case)
>>>
>>> to generate the interrupt for mmu fault case it needs one connected to
>>> the dsp interrupt line and only 5, 6, 7 or 8 apply.
>>
>> Then DSP bios is broken by hard-coding *general purpose* timers.
>  /me just eats my own words.
> Not really.. I just got educated internally that DSP does not get
> interrupts from all GPTs.
> Ref: http://focus.ti.com/pdfs/wtbu/SWPU114Q_PrelimFinal_EPDF_03_05_2009.pdf
> page 1753 -> only mentioned these timers can generate interrupts for
> DSP, and hence for BIOS's usage. Added to this, the fact that GPT PWM is
> usable on 9,10,11 as well, makes me believe this is something to
> consider as part of board design based on which peripherals one uses and
> their constraints. BIOS is not at fault here to use the resources it
> requires, but is part of system design to look at options, constraints
> and select the ones appropriately..
>
> A similar example is mux pins, you have options to plug to one of many
> options, but if you plug in both a interrupt and a data line to the same
> pin which could run in two different modes, there is a problem there
> right? Alright, that is too obvious i suppose....

Yes, just that pin mux issues are pretty obvious reading the TRM and DM,
but the fact that bridge blocks GPT5,6 and 8 is not.

You are telling me that using all 4 GPTs for PWM or input event capture
is not possible when using dspbridge? As I understand, bridge mostly
uses 2 of the GPTs (6 for load monitoring, 8 for sync/mmu fault), so
I think moving GPT8 to 7 should make both sides happy, no?

Regards,

Vladimir