Hi Jacob,

On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 19:36:01 -0500 "Jacob Tanenbaum"
<jacob.tanenb...@logicpd.com> wrote:

>             I work for LogicPD and am trying to add new support for
> there OMAP3 development boards to the kernel, I have a working version
> of some of the base support and was wondering how to get that ready to
> be merged in during this merge window. We have tested the code against
> the most recent version of linux-next I can get to build and was
> wondering where to go. Do I send merge requests to the linux-next list
> or a series of patches. I have sent patches to the omap and arm lists
> and got some minor syntax errors reported by them (spaces instead of
> tabs and the like) and was wondering where to go from here.

I only merge other people's trees, so you need to set up a git tree
somewhere and tell me (cc'ing linux-next and all other appropriate
lists/people) where it is and which branch to fetch.  I then fetch that
branch each day and merge it with everything else.

Getting your code merged by Linus during this merge window is up to Linus
and Russell or Tony, I guess.  But I cannot take new trees now until
after -rc1 is out.  So if you really want your code merged during this
merge window, your best bet is to convince Russell and/or Tony.

Having your tree in linux-next may be useful for ongoing development
unless Tony thinks it may be better for you to just submit your code
through his omap tree.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    s...@canb.auug.org.au