Archit,

The right way to use the clk_get api is by passing the dev pointer to identify
the device
and a generic identifier like fck or ick to identify the type/functionality of
the clock.
Its not advisable to hardcode clock names, the very reason being that it gets
difficult to
maintain clock node names across processor families and eventually you end up
with
cpu_is_* checks.

Doing this however requires the clkdev tables to be updated with the mapping of
device
names and generic clock identifiers to the actual clock node.

So if you today have something like
if (cpu_is_omap34xx())
        clk_get(NULL, " dss2_alwon_fck");
else
        clk_get(NULL, " dss_sys_clk");

It can very easily be replaced with a
clk_get(dev, "fck");

with the clkdev table entry for omap3 like
CLK("dss-omap","fck", &dss2_alwon_fck...
and the clkdev table entry for omap4 having something like
CLK("dss-omap","fck", & dss_sys_clk...

Now, however since all drivers are using pm_runtime api's which hide the clk
control from drivers, this might not have be needed anyway.

Regards,
Rajendra