On Dec 1, 2010, at 9:32 PM, Elvis Dowson wrote:

> I'm not sure how the dummy regulator framework works.
>
> Is there a simple example that closely corresponds to the following hardware
> setup:
>
> a. OMAP 3530 MMC2 SDIO ports connected to a Murata TI WL1271 wlan module
> chipset.
>
> b. Murata TI WL1271 wlan module chipset powered externally by an 1.8 Volt
> power supply from the board.

Missed the main 3.3v power supply, the 1.8V is the reference voltage.

Here is the configuration:

a. OMAP 3530 MMC2 SDIO ports connected to a Murata TI WL1271 wlan module
chipset.

b. Murata TI WL1271 wlan module chipset connected to a 1.8 Volt VIO reference
voltage.

c. Murata TI WL1271 wlan module chipset powered externally by a 3.3 Volt power
supply.

How would I set this up in the linux-2.6.32 and linux-2.6.36 kernel versions? I
recall that for the newer versions it is necessary to setup a dummy regulator,
but I'm not clear on the differences or the reason why.

Elvis Dowson