Hi Kevin,

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 4:32 AM, Kevin Hilman <khil...@ti.com> wrote:
> Sumit Semwal <sumit.sem...@ti.com> writes:
>
>> This patch series enables support for OMAP4 DSS, and adds hwmod support
>> for dss, dispc, dsi1, dsi2, hdmi, rfbi and venc hwmods.
>
> This series is confusing as the 3 patches here do not do all the things
> described here.
>
> It also doesn't apply to the master branch (e.g. PATCH 3/3 modifies
> display.c, which doesn't exist until your other series.)
First up, apologies for submitting these patches while the dependent
patch series is still under discussion - I guess I should've waited
till the hwmod patch series is accepted, but I thought mentioning the
dependency might be sufficient. will take care in future.

Though I don't quite understand why you think that the 3 patches don't
do all that is described.

The first patch enables building DSS for OMAP4 by updating the Kconfig
accordingly.
The second patch enables hwmod support for all the dss IP hwmod
devices, and the third one enhances the hwmod lookup to lookup OMAP4
devices as well.

If you could tell me what is missing or extra, I would correct that
and send an updated version.

Thanks, and best regards,
~Sumit.