Hi Benoit,

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 3:53 PM, Cousson, Benoit <b-cous...@ti.com> wrote:
> Hi Archit,
>
> On 2/15/2011 10:25 AM, Taneja, Archit wrote:
>>
>> Copying Benoit,

>>> That is the case here, isn't it (on omap3)? One interrupt line (the DSS
>>> irq, the same returned both from dsi.pdev and dispc.pdev), and two
>>> handlers, one in dispc and one in dsi? Or what do you mean?
>>>
>>> On omap2 there's no dsi code ran, so dispc is the only one requesting
>>> the irq, and thus IRQF_SHARED is extra. In omap4 there are separate irq
>>> lines (dsi.pdev and dispc.pdev return different irqs), and so
>>> IRQF_SHARED is again extra. But I don't see any harm in IRQF_SHARED even
>>> in omap2/4.
>>>
>>>   Tomi
>>>

>> Benoit,
>>
>> Is it okay to have the same irq entry for 2 different hwmods?
>> This requirement comes from OMAP3 where dispc and dsi have a common irq
>> line, where as on OMAP4 dispc and dsi have separate irq lines.
>
> Well, no. I explained that in one of my comment about hwmod modification.
> The hwmod data are reflecting the exact HW capabilities.
> So, if there is a change in the HW, the hwmod will be different.
> It is up to the driver to adapt to this change.
I guess what Archit wanted to say is, for hw IPs DISPC and DSI, on
OMAP3, have a common IRQ line, so could both their hwmod databases
have the same IRQ added for them? This would us call, for a common IRQ
line shared w/ DISPC and DSI, like
mentioned in Tomi's sample code above.

How is hwmod data for these cases handled today? [shared IRQ,
different platform devices?]

Best regards,
~Sumit.