Premi, Sanjeev wrote, on 02/24/2011 02:15 AM:
-----Original Message-----
From: Menon, Nishanth
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 12:06 AM
To: Premi, Sanjeev
Cc: linux-omap@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [RFC 1/3] omap: voltage: Allow custom vp_init()
implementation

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 23:28, Sanjeev Premi<pr...@ti.com>  wrote:
Current implementation expects AVS to be available
on the processor - by default. May not be true.

This patch allows the vp_init() to be implemented
per processor (or family) - same as vc_init().

I believe Voltage Processor != Smart reflex AVS. Smart reflex AVS
module talks to VP talks to VC talks over I2C_SR to PMIC.
absence of AVS does'nt imply VP,VC dont exist or the potential to hook
up a PMIC over I2C_SR. no?

[sp] But their role is limited to AVS only. If there is/was no AVS
      what would they be doing? Delta value written via SW on I2C would
      still get TWL working.
I dont think so. with SR, the prominence is higher, but normal voltage setting, + additional FSMs hooked to VC, VP make it's existance independent of AVS - mebbe this detail is just a technical nuance..

      And if you look into the omap_vdd_info you'd see what I meant.

data structure wise, yeah I think we'd have to evolve a bit, Pauls' voltage.c cleanup series is one of the tiny steps we have to take.

do feel free to propose any improvements and we can discuss in the ML.

[..]
Nishanth Menon